In keeping with their goal to democratize knowledge, and in line with current collaborative trends, public libraries are increasingly turning to a partnership model to meet user needs, both for day-to-day tasks and for project planning and management.
The MetLib 2017 Montréal program entitled Partnerships: Creating a new vision for libraries will delve deeper into the different aspects of partnerships by exploring the following sub-themes:
- What is a partnership; why and how should they be formed;
- Types of partnership: philanthropy, round tables, etc.;
- Partnership management tools, such as operational frameworks, policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Partnership pros and cons;
- Best practices, success stories and learning opportunities;
- Surprising and innovative intersectoral partnerships between: government departments, associations, cultural organizations, the scientific community, schools, professional associations, etc.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide simultaneous translation. The conference will be given in English only.
Those wishing to submit a proposal must fill in the attached form.
Email address and submission deadline for proposals
Proposals must be sent to email@example.com no later than January 20, 2017.
Those who have submitted proposals will receive a reply no later than February 3, 2017.
Permission to share materials
Participants whose proposals are selected must give permission for their work to be shared online or through other channels.
For more information, please write to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.